Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

A fleetsaving guide by StarForce

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A fleetsaving guide by StarForce Empty
PostSubject: A fleetsaving guide by StarForce   A fleetsaving guide by StarForce I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Fleetsaving. This is a complex of actions you do to save your fleet and resources. It is the most important skill in the game. OGame has only one unofficial rule. No fleetsaving - no fleet. Many players do not know how to fleetsave correctly. The aim of this guide is to teach everybody. Considering this is a 4x Universe, you shall not leave your fleet out of control for more than 10 minutes.
Fleetsaving is crucial for all - fleeters, miners and even turtles. Before planning a fleetsave, you should consider the following:
1. Whether your fleet departs from a planet or from a moon;
2. What is more important for you - deuterium consumption or time.

The main fleetsave rule: you must be online before your fleet arrives.

Departing from a planet.
If you launch you fleet from a planet, the only safe type of fleetsaving is making use of Deployment mission. Since all fleet missions started on a planet can be seen by the sensor phalanx, you must make sure you are not intercepted. Interception is when someone launches a fleet so it arrives just a few seconds after return of your fleet - so you can't get away. Recalled Deployment mission can't be seen by the sensor phalanx, and this fleetsave is almost impossible to catch if you make everything right. Examples of someone trying to catch a Deployment fleetsave are extremely rare and such attempts are hardly succesful in general.
You can wait until your fleet reaches its destination or recall in the middle of the flight. I do not recommend sending a fleetsave so you have to recall it, because this way you will not have a "reserve chance".

Departing from a moon.
Once you have a moon, fleetsaving becomes much easier. You have a choice of much more missions. Generally, you can use Deployment, Harvest and Colonization. There is also an option of launching an attack on an inactive player's moon, but I don't really recommend it.

Deployment from a moon to a planet works almost similarily to a planet-planet deployment, so I will not repeat the same things twice.
Deployment from a moon to a moon is considered uninterceptable and is the safest way of fleetsaving. You don't have to care - the only requirement is that you are online when your fleet finally deploys.

Harvest mission from a moon. Firstly, go to the galaxy and find a debris field in a suitable system. Click on the planet next to it and select attack or transport, you'll change it, this is simply required to set the coordinates. You can learn what system you need by going to the fleet, selecting it and putting the coordinates - you can see how much time it takes for the fleet to reach the target and return. Fleetsaving to the same system is the cheapest option
For this type of fleetsaving to become even safer, change moons you start from regularly.
If you fleetsave from only one moon and have a big fleet, somebody can destroy your moon while you are offline, your fleet is returning to the planet in this case and is visible to the sensor phalanx. If you keep plasma turrets on a moon, the attacker will think twice before attacking you if he is not sure he'll get the fleet.

Colonization mission from a moon is generally similar (no, extremely similar) to Harvest fleetsaving. If you have no free planet slots, you can use it. No resources or colony ships will be lost, no signs that you made an attempt to colonize a planet will be seen. The same danger - moon destruction.

All other ways of fleetsaving are unsafe.

Yours faithfully,
StarForce.

P.S. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write.

Last edited by trent on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Took some odd info out...)
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

PostSubject: Re: A fleetsaving guide by StarForce   A fleetsaving guide by StarForce I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for this write up, its very good.

One thing, in 4x speed uni it is quite possible to fs in same system using a RIP, on colonize for example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fleetsaving guide by StarForce   A fleetsaving guide by StarForce I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks, but I have already said this, as colonization is written to be similar to harvest
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

PostSubject: Re: A fleetsaving guide by StarForce   A fleetsaving guide by StarForce I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm

You said:
Quote :
Fleetsaving to the same system is the cheapest option - but it rarely suits because of time (with a deathstar ~ 12-13h on 20% and 24-26h on 10%).

And all I said is that in 4x uni it often suits. At least for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fleetsaving guide by StarForce   A fleetsaving guide by StarForce I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fleetsaving guide by StarForce
Page 1 of 1