Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

Grav tech advice

Go down 
+2
Anodazzomal
pappy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 am

later on down the track i will be going for grav tech. I understand that most players build a temporary planet in a low slot and go from there. I was wondering if there is any warrant to go for grav tech on a slot 10 planet, using fusion reactors. Or maybe a slot 6 planet with solar sats.

I cant seem to find any info, or a formula on the temperatures of lower slot planets, if someone could post some info that would be awesome.

I have a slot 6 planet with solar sats producing 36 energy, minus solar plant and fusion reactor it looks like it will cost me about 16mill crystal and 4mill deut on solar satas to get the 300,000 energy required.

So what im asking is, should i make a temporary colony or use an existing planet and save waisting resources on nanite factories just to destroy the planet.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:14 am

ok just did some quick calculations and if i was to build a temporary planet for grav tech with a max temp of 120 (pulled from thin air, cant find anything on this), it would cost me about, with nanite lvl 4

metal = 14.4mil, crystal = 19.6mil, deut = 4.7mil

But using my existing planet with solar sats producing 36 energy it will cost

metal = 0, crystal = 16mil, deut = 4mil

The costs that i have listed are what resources i would be waisting to get 300,000 energy. i.e. for my existing planet i have no included the price of lvl 4 nanite as i will have that anyway, but for a temporary planet i would blow it up meaning the resources used for nanite lvl 4 are waisted.

So according to those numbers i am better off going for grav on an existing planet, unless someone can find a major flaw with my calculations.

edit: forgot about the resources required for the previous levels of nanite and robot.
Back to top Go down
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 am

The only problem with doing it on an existing planet is crashing the sats after. It will damage your defenses = loss

I sugest doing it on a new colony you plan to keep before you build up defense and all the rest. Just build robotics 10, nanite 4-6, research lab 12, shipyard 12 and then go for grav. Crash the sats (get a moon Smile and then all the facilities already built can then be used further...

Thats my plan anyway.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:03 am

cheers for the advice. just calculated it and it would require 18 rips to break through my planets defense and sats required where i propose doing grav. anyone got that many rips out in g8 in this alliance? think i might halt building defenses on that planet.
Back to top Go down

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am

Thats the problem iv got just now iv had 7k+ sats sitting on my planet for about 3 weeks because of my defense but its holding me back
Back to top Go down
Polixo
Small Cargo
Small Cargo

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:00 am

I built my grav tech on my home planet (slot 7). I had the defenses in place to without 25+ RIPs and 70 IBMs. This gave me the advantage of building the sats over a few days as I collected the resources....

However how that they are up I can't get anyone to break them, so they sit there as a nice treat for some top players to hit. I'm not sure if I want to stack more defenses and get it to the point it would require 100+ RIPs to break it, or just keep wait for somebody to finally hit me.
Back to top Go down

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:30 pm

just try and get ur next planet in slot 4-6 with 180 fields and pretty high temp... i got a slot 4 with 190 field and a temp of 91 so i just built a little def to protect over night res and got lvl 3 nanite 12 shipyard and 12 research lab,.....

i only had a lvl 3 cause its in gal 3 and nobody every esp me there. i would get higher tho....
Back to top Go down
kildar
Espionage Probe
Espionage Probe
kildar

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 am

i have read though topic and now relise i have a major sat problem as i have 9255 sats sitting on my plannet which is very defended but it adds a reason to be attacked any ideas how to fix my problem
Back to top Go down
Scooter
Deathstar
Deathstar
Scooter

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

kildar wrote:
i have read though topic and now relise i have a major sat problem as i have 9255 sats sitting on my plannet which is very defended but it adds a reason to be attacked any ideas how to fix my problem
What's you problem again?
Back to top Go down
blackwolf
Cruiser
Cruiser
blackwolf

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 am

SCRAP THEM.
simple as that
Back to top Go down
kildar
Espionage Probe
Espionage Probe
kildar

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:14 am

the problem is 9000 sats makes me a bit more of a tasty target and i cant scrap them
Back to top Go down
blackwolf
Cruiser
Cruiser
blackwolf

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am

why cant u scrap them?
u didnt do grav yet?
Back to top Go down
kildar
Espionage Probe
Espionage Probe
kildar

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 am

how do i scrap them
Back to top Go down
Scooter
Deathstar
Deathstar
Scooter

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 am

Merchant>Scrap Merchant>click on the right until you see the satellites and scrap them
Back to top Go down
kildar
Espionage Probe
Espionage Probe
kildar

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 am

thank you sooooooo much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grav tech advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grav tech advice   Grav tech advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grav tech advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galactic Empire :: Galactic Empire :: How To-
Jump to: