Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

Moon Storages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 am

It has come to my attention that many players seem to believe that they should build storages on a moon. I'll just skip to the conclusion and say:

THERE IS NO REASON TO EVER BUILD STORAGES ON A MOON PERIOD

The answer should be obvious. Moons can't build mines so they don't need storages to hold extra resources.

"But what if I want to ship more than 10k resources to my moon?"

Then do it. There is no penalty for having your resources in the red, aside from the fact that you cannot mine any additional resources. But you can still add resources through transport missions. The storages simply do nothing on a moon.

"If they don't do anything, then why are they even an option?"

Moon Storages are a holdover from early OGame. It used to be programmed that resources in the red would "decay" over time until they were at maximum again. At some point they changed that rule, but never took the storages off the moons. They probably kept them in so people could deconstruct them.

"Okay, but what about..."

Let me reiterate.
DO NOT BUILD ANY STORAGE ON A MOON. IT IS A WASTE OF RESOURCES AND FIELD SPACE. ONLY NOOBS ARE SEEN WITH MOON STORAGES.

Sorry if I'm being repetitive here, but this is an important concept to understand.

If you would like OGame's lazy programmers to remove the option to build moon storages, click here and vote 5 stars. Comments are optional.
Back to top Go down

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 am

Thankyou for putting this here. I feel the same. I just want to should noob as someone with a moon that has storages. especially when the only way they can get more fields is a lunar base!
Back to top Go down

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:37 pm

I just don't even understand why they included that feature...
"Hey guys, look, there's storages on moons, let's build them because we can!!!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:45 pm

I think, in the early versions of OGame, resources would "decay" slowly if they were above the limit. Once they removed this feature, they left the storages in, so that people could deconstruct their storages. Who knows if they will ever completely remove them.
Back to top Go down

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Probably not, unless they do a second type of re-designed universe at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moon Storages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moon Storages   Moon Storages I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moon Storages
Page 1 of 1