Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

Expeditions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Post your expedition results here if you get a good one, and be sure to add how many of which ships you sent and for how long...

I have been sending just large cargos, and kept a table going for about 75 expeditions with mediocre results.

So after a bit of research online this is what you gotta do:

For maximum results, send a fleet worth 10M resources for as long as you can. Make sure part of this fleet is cargoes so you can bring back the maximum haul of 2M if you get lucky. I am sending a mixed fleet right now and adding to it every ship that I find. I started with large cargos and picked up around 300 SF, 100 HF and 200 SC,(not all in one run of course) I then built 60 BS and a bomber which I added to the fleet, and have now found 2 more bombers, one destroyer, 20 cruisers and a bunch more small cargos and large cargos. I keep adding what I find to the fleet, so the value goes up, and I get more resources back as well.

Good luck and feel free to add advice here, I am not the expert on expeditions yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

4 Hour Expedition

My Fleet:

78 Heavy Fighter
3 Cruiser
67 Battleship
3 Bomber
1 Destroyer

156 Small Cargo
23 Large Cargo
1 Espionage Probe

We found the remains of an armada. The technicians directly went to the almost intact ships to try to get them to work again.

The following ships are now part of the fleet:
Cruiser 15
Light Fighter 4
Heavy Fighter 1

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It seems that this part of the universe has not been explored yet.
Back to top Go down
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 am

I've heard that it's a bad idea to send any combat ships, as they aren't likely to help if you actually do get into combat.
Back to top Go down
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 am

Captain Patrick T. James wrote:
I've heard that it's a bad idea to send any combat ships, as they aren't likely to help if you actually do get into combat.

Actually thats not true, I recently ran into some aliens, (which is the second worst result after the fleet just disappearing Smile And came out ok. I trashed the combat report but, I lost around 1.2M from a fleet worth almost 6.6M and the aliens lost the fight with 3.3M destroyed. They have the same ships but not as many and +3 lvl armor, weapons and shielding. Anyway I won Smile

Now I am getting around 300k - 400k resources almost every run.

A good thing to remember is that if you continue doing expeditions there is a pretty close to 100% chance that you will lose your fleet eventually... so I have now split it into 3 fleets and do three expeditions at a time. Any found ships will be split evenly between the fleets, and if I lose one I can split the remaining 2 into and even three again... Hopefully this strategy will let me continue doing expeditions indefinitely...
Back to top Go down
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 pm

One hour expedition.

Fleet:

90 SF
22 HF
26 BS
6 C
1 B
1 D
60 SC
70 LC

To: Anodazzomal
Subject: Expedition Result [4:424:16]
Date: 25.02.2010 20:36:59
delete
Your expedition found an ancient, fully loaded but deserted freighter convoy. Some of the resources could be rescued.
Metal 774.000 have been captured.

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It seems that this part of the universe has not been explored yet.
Back to top Go down
Heshtje
Bomber
Bomber
Heshtje

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

1 hour expedition

My Fleet:
50 Large Cargos

Result:
We came across the remains of a previous expedition! Our technicians will try to get some of the ships to work again.

The following ships are now part of the fleet:
Large Cargo 3
Espionage Probe 8
Small Cargo 17
Light Fighter 1
Back to top Go down
https://gempire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expeditions