Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. Empty
PostSubject: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Somebody recently asked how to do this in a circular message and i replied in one. I decided it was worth copying my reply into the forums incase someone else wanted to know how to do this.

Please feel free to add to this as this was only a quick response to his question and can be a bit confusing.

The reply is as follows:

It is possible to asc with yourself.

1) Send you attacking fleet an an attack mission.
2) Go to the fleets view where you can see the hip symbols moving and click the icon next to the attacking fleet next to your planet.
3) A menu should appear which gives you the option to name the attack what ever you want and to invite players to join the attack.
4) you can only invite players on your buddy list.
5)invite yourself to the attack and click next/comtinue
6) select a new fleet you wish to acs with and select from the dropdown menu in the combat forces menu the name you previously gave to you attacking fleet.
7)after clicking next the acs attack button should be automatically selected.
8)click send fleet and they will acs attack together.
9)any number of fleets can be added to this formation, but you only need to create the name bit once.
10) to add more simply just select the name from the combat forces dropdown menu

Hope this is helpful its hard to explain without pictures

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 am

what happens with the duration of a trip. i.e. i send half of me fleet then half an hour i send the second half, both fleets operate at the same speed. So am i correct in saying that the second fleet will not be able to join or will the first fleet reduce its speed?
Back to top Go down
Anodazzomal
Recycler
Recycler
Anodazzomal

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 am

I tried that, the ACS fleet will slow down to arive with the slowest member. good way to avoid a ninja actually...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:57 pm

pappy wrote:
what happens with the duration of a trip. i.e. i send half of me fleet then half an hour i send the second half, both fleets operate at the same speed. So am i correct in saying that the second fleet will not be able to join or will the first fleet reduce its speed?

The first fleet will slow down so that they arrive at exactly the same time. Im not sure if the speed is reduced or the fleet simply stops and waits. Either way they arrive together.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:20 am

ok cool, that works well. and yes will keep that in mind when someone tries to ninja me.
Back to top Go down
Noriega
Recycler
Recycler
Noriega

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

very good topic, i posted something in another section inquiring abour this,
ive deleted the post sine ce i found this,

this avoiding the ninja attack thing,
if you have already attacked your target and the acs unit is heading home,
how does that work then? does it still slow it down, does it still join the acs unit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 am

Saranoriega wrote:

this avoiding the ninja attack thing,
if you have already attacked your target and the acs unit is heading home,
how does that work then? does it still slow it down, does it still join the acs unit?

You can only make another fleet join another in the ACS before the attack has occured. You cannot add another fleet to the ACS when the fleet is on its way back.

The avoiding ninja thing is very hard to do in electra due to the shortened flight times. It becomes very impractical at 5x speed.
Back to top Go down
arcturusk1
Recycler
Recycler
arcturusk1

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 am

Pertaining to your fleet slowing down the other fleet that left earlier, you have to be careful. I believe you can only slow down your fleet by 30% (I do not remember whether this is 30% of the remaining time left on the attack or not). Any more than that and you will not be allowed to ACS your second fleet to the first fleet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.   How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galactic Empire :: Galactic Empire :: How To-
Jump to: