Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

GTool - GalaxyTool

Go down 
+10
simbad
CC-7567
EvO
pacifier
Death Roll
yaba
Lion El Johnson
Felixx
Breitling
crusy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 am

NEW GTOOL:
This the link to the site: http://en.galaxytool-hosting.eu/galacticempire/

Once Amuxix checks to see if you really are in the alliance then he will add you, please use your ingame names to register. Any questions feel free to ask it would be really awesome if we could get a group of players using it.

We have had gtool before so there is instructions on our forum here:
Installation: https://gempire.rpg-board.net/t540-gtool#6009
There are also very good installation instructions for the addin, with all the needed links on the start page of the gtool site. Once you log in there is even an auto configure button there now.

Howto use the gtool: https://gempire.rpg-board.net/t691-how-to-use-gtool?highlight=gtool

I'll try to keep at least the lower galaxys more or less up todate Smile. Even if you do not have or want to use Firefox or the plugin, I recommend getting an account for the GTool website, as you can view all the espionage reports and DETAILED! stats of all the players that use the addin.

Last edited by crusy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Awesome, thanks crusy
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Very welcome Smile

I hope they don't suddenly ban us, lol. I have an alternative service in the pipeline, though. I am also making backups once in a while, so if we need to change we wouldn't need to all sign up again on a fresh installation, I hope.

Anyway I hope to see as many of you all there as possible. Like I said, you don't have to have the addin to access the data, so feel free to sign up and have a look around.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 am

hrm. Well I'm running COgame on google chrome, I downloaded firefox to run the full version of the galaxy tool, but whenever I open firefox it completely locks up on me and I have to force quit it...
kinda annoying, anyone have any idea how it works with the COgame implementation?
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Status update: Server seems to be down.

The GTool addin won't work with google chrome as the addin is not a greasemonkey script, it is a Firefox specific addin.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Looks like native chrome support will be coming within about a week

http://board.galaxytool.eu/index.php?topic=264.0
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:17 pm

wow, sounds good. Server working again btw.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:54 pm

chrome version of the toolbar is up now
http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Downloads#Google_Chrome_Extension
so far seems to be working.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

annnd...galaxy tool looks like its down again :/
it times out when trying to connect
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:53 pm

x10Hosting Network News
Lotus
Hello,

There is currently an issue with lotus where users are unable to connect to their MySQL databases from PHP scripts. Your databases are still there, and we are working to fix this issue. Further status updates will be posted here.

Please do not post support requests in this thread.

Soo our Gtool is down again. Well it is free hosting, lol.
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:10 am

Looks like its up again.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:15 pm

i can't log into the gtool at all for some reason.
might be because of the name change?
Back to top Go down
Felixx
Deathstar
Deathstar
Felixx

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:03 pm

I logged in saturday with username Felixx and it worked!

probs something else
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 pm

yeah works now.
hmm odd. oh well
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 pm

The hosting is not extremely stable so I guess we will just have to cope with some blackouts unless someone finds a better hosting service.

I'm wondering how the tool will handle the names changes.
Back to top Go down
Breitling
Bomber
Bomber
Breitling

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:06 pm

handles name changes fine.
i searched for "breitling" and "felixx" and nothing came up, but the login name seems to not be associated with your ingame. The "logon key" is what does that I believe.

And the server was up. I had the login page viewable...but when i clicked "ok" to sign in...it brought me back to the login page.
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 am

Since we have had a lot of problems with session time outs for no reason I have decided to go to the trouble of an update to our GTool to V4.9 which supports some of V3.0. This didn't help with the timeouts, so I decided to reset all the data and start over, I still have a backup if any one is interested, which I doubt. Your logins are NOT deleted so you are all good to go.

You will need the newest addin to help fill the database. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/galaxytoolbar/eula/138366?src=version-history
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 pm

I am still getting time outs. After trying to contact support through IRC a couple times I have now posted on their forum (http://board.galaxytool.eu). Maybe I can get a fix somehow.
Back to top Go down

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:02 pm

I think the timeouts are related to the site host and not gtool
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

This has been fixed (timeouts) but I get resources limit hit often now, it goes away after a short while though and only happend when I was updating the galaxy view.

I am looking for a new ADMIN of this site.
Back to top Go down
Lion El Johnson
Friend of Trolls
Friend of Trolls
Lion El Johnson

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

A new admin? I'd be interested but most of the other players in the alliance are higher ranking and more experienced than me, I doubt I'd be the best option to be honest.
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Thank you for offering to help Lion el J. Tbh no one is really using this awesome tool. This is mainly due to the poor free hosting service, I believe.
So before you guys decide to trash this or keep it alive someone would actually have to start using it Shocked

I have updated the whole galaxy a last time, so go have a look and anyone that wants to continue to use it contact me.
Back to top Go down

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I really like Gtool but I keep getting errors of it not being able to submit data there and all no idea what's wrong, if it worked propelly I would use it alot more but I still use it. Don't mind help with management of it if you need me to.
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I know what you mean Wink Just have to keep reporting the problems, they seem to be often, but after reporting they also seem to fix them quite fast.

I just hadn't been reporting them probs, as I thought they always knew about the problems already. Apparently they did not, lol.

Working quite well nw, btw.
Back to top Go down
Felixx
Deathstar
Deathstar
Felixx

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 pm

my account couldn't upload data onto the database...so I stopped using it.

Now I'm a miner so I don't really need it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTool - GalaxyTool Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTool - GalaxyTool   GTool - GalaxyTool I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTool - GalaxyTool
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next