Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?   Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm not sure if I' posting in the correct forum section (let me know please), so sorry in advance if not...

I'm just wondering if it's "worth" upgrading engines beyond the prerequisites?

For example, my recyclers are incredibly slooow, compared to other ships, and I was wondering if the 10% per level upgrade is noticeable in, say, 4 or 5 extra levels.

Any thought on this?

Torbella the Fella afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?   Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 am

its ok that u put this here but u could also put it in electra chat.....

also ur recs are ALWAYS going to be slow but u really do notice a difference in the speed of ur ships. now i suggest getting alot of them before u upgrade ur drive techs but they are worth it.

Just think of all the times were someone gets on 30 secs before ur attack hits.... 1 lvl of a drive tech could of got u that hit.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?   Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

Upgrading to level 5 impulse drive is worth doing. When you reach impulse drive level 5 all small cargos are outfitted with impulse engines instead of their combustion drives. This makes them faster than large cargos so gives them a use a again in the later game. It means you can transport small amounts of resources faster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?   Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Same with hyperspace tech 8, as it speeds up bombers, so you can have a formidable defense crashing fleet get there sooner.
I think it all comes down to distance... I noticed a 10 minute shave of time per Impulse Drive level between my G1 and G5 planet for small cargos, but only about 20 seconds between my planets in the same system. So if you're doing long distance missions, it pays off more than if you're hanging around a few close together systems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?   Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question: Upgrading Engines - worth it?
Page 1 of 1